Further to the pronouncement by the President of the Republic of South Africa, His Excellency Cyril Ramaphosa, on 28 December 2020, moving South Africa from Alert Level One (1) to Adjusted Alert Level Three (3) lockdown, the Consulate has accordingly adopted the following measures in adherence to the pronounced COVID-19 health protocols and for the safety of our valued clients and members of staff:
- All Consulate appointments scheduled for the period stretching from Monday 4 January to Friday, 26 March 2021 have been suspended with immediate effect.
- The Consulate has reduced the number of clients to be assisted per day from six hundred (600) to three hundred (300).
- All clients who had confirmed bookings within the stated period will receive individual emails via the email addresses used to book the original appointment, communicating the new appointment dates as the situation permits. (Please remember to periodically check the emails used to book the initial appointment).
- In order to extend services to already booked clients, the booking platform has been temporarily closed for new bookings.
- The Consulate will remain guided by the direction given by the host government as competent authorities continue to assess the situation on the ground.
- the Consulate undertakes to review this position through a similar communication once circumstances change.
- Please note that clients seeking other services, such as, Temporary Travel Documents (TTD), Cancellation of Passports, Authentication of Documents, etc, still do not require prior booking in order to access service. This category is welcome to visit the consulate between 0900 and 1130 hours during weekdays for assistance.
- Further, clearances for the repatriation of human remains for burial in Zimbabwe will continue to be strictly processed via the existing electronic platforms.
- NB. The Zimbabwe Embassy in Pretoria and the two Consulates, namely; Consulate of Zimbabwe in Johannesburg and Consulate of Zimbabwe in Cape Town, do not have agents in South Africa who act on their behalf.
- Interaction with the Consulate on all matters of mutual interest, including all general enquiries, remains possible via the under listed communication channels:
- Facebook Page: Zimbabweconsulate Boeing Road Bedfordview
- Twitter: Zimbabweconsulatejhb
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.zimbabweconsulate.co.za
Thanking all our valued clients in advance for the continued understanding and good cooperation as we navigate through the difficulties and uncertainties induced by the coronavirus.