GOVT: Zororo buried under medical supervision; new positive COVID-19 test

By ZBC Reporter

THE government has confirmed the burial Tuesday of journalist Zororo Makamba who died on Monday, succumbing to the COVID-19 pandemic which has wreaked havoc across the world.

Makamba, the 30-year-old broadcaster son of businessman James Makamba, was one of the two confirmed positive cases confirmed by the government last Friday.

He had travelled to New York late last month and returned home on March 9, transiting through Johannesburg in neighbouring South Africa.

The government said he began showing mild flu-like symptoms on March 12 that progressively worsened.

The family said he passed on midday Monday at Wilkins Hospital in Harare.

Health ministry permanent secretary confirmed to the ZBC Tuesday evening that he had been laid to rest under medical supervision in terms of the Public Health Act.

WATCH:

Meanwhile the ministry also revealed that one male had tested positive for the virus from some 15 specimens tested on Tuesday.

“As of today, the number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in the country is now three,” an update from the ministry read.

“… the National Microbiology Reference Laboratory tested a total of 15 specimens, the majority being contacts of the deceased case.

“One male tested positive for COVID-19, more details to follow later.”

The ministry added that specimens had also been collected for testing on an adult pregnant woman in Masvingo.

“… today an adult, pregnant woman presented at Masvingo Provincial Hospital with a history of dry cough, shortness of breath, chest pains but no fever.

“she had a history of having travelled to South Africa on the 28th of February 2020 and returned home on the 7th of March 2020.

“The Rapid Results Team went to assist her and advised that she be put under self-isolation at home.”

%d bloggers like this: