Four-month old baby dies in inferno

By ZBC Reporter

A four-month old baby lost his life in a suspected burning candle-induced inferno in Shurugwi this Monday.                                 

Villagers from Shurugwi’s Chachacha area are struggling to come to terms with reality after an inferno claimed the life of a four month old baby this Monday.  

It is suspected that the minor, who was left alone in a room, might have tempered with the burning candle before the house caught fire.                             

Zimbabwe Republic Police National Spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi confirmed the incident.

 We are investigating a case on the death of a toddler due to a fire in Shurugwi. Investigations are suggesting that a candle was left burning and the toddler touched it gutting the whole house, he said.                                               

The fire incident comes hard on the heels of a Chitungwiza inferno in which a four-year-old died after a candle was left on a wooden table.              

%d bloggers like this: