CORONAVIRUS: Egypt reports four more deaths

EGYPT’S Health Ministry said this Sunday that four more people have died from the novel COVID-19, bringing the country’s death toll to 14.
In a statement, the ministry announced 33 new COVID-19 cases, raising the total cases in the country to 327.
Besides, four new deaths have been confirmed on Sunday, bringing the death toll to 14, the ministry’s spokesman Khaled Megahed revealed in the statement.
“As many as 15 cases were discharged from the quarantine hospital, including seven foreigners and eight Egyptians, raising the number of those who recovered from the virus to 56,” said Megahed.
Earlier on Sunday, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi, in a televised speech, urged citizens to stay at home for two weeks in response to the country’s precautionary measures to control the spread of the virus.
“We want to pass the coming 14 days with the least amount of harm. If we manage to do that, it means that we have started to overcome a difficult stage,” the president emphasized.
Egypt has recently been taking strict precautionary measures, including temporary closure of schools and universities, suspending flights, reducing employees and sterilizing means of transport, government offices, hotels and tourist attractions.
The Egyptian cabinet also decided to temporarily close coffee shops, clubs, malls, restaurants and other entertainment places from early evening to early morning.
On Saturday, Egyptian mosques and churches nationwide officially announced suspension of mass prayers for two weeks.
The World Health Organization has declared the outbreak a pandemic.

%d bloggers like this: