By Tapiwa Machemedze
Five people sustained burns in Brockdale, Bindura following a gas explosion on Saturday evening.
Residents told the ZBC News the explosion occurred during a party at House Number 918 after an attempt was made to change gas plates as one of the plates was not functioning well.
Four of the burn victims were treated and discharged at Bindura Provincial Hospital, while one was detained for further treatment.
Environmental Management Agency Provincial Spokesperson, Mr Maxwell Mupotsa confirmed the incident.
He said people should handle liquid petroleum gas with due care as it is hazardous as well as ensure gas tanks are serviced regularly by trained personnel.